cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails locked

diggermandachs
On our wavelength

My wifes emails on [REMOVED]@ntlworld have been locked since Monday. She contacted Virginmedia support on Monday evening and was informed that IT Security had locked the account due to suspicious activity. We have run a anti virus scan and changed the password but are still unable to access her emails. Can anyone help as apparently it is not possible to talk to IT Security

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

10 REPLIES 10

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @diggermandachs, thanks for your post and I'm sorry that you're having problems accessing your wife's emails.

If you could kindly delete your wife's email from your original post, that'd be much appreciated (just for security purposes).

I've had a look on your wife's account, and as things stand everything appears to look fine.

Can you please respond once you've checked again, just in case the issue's been fixed?

Regards

Tom_W

Thanks for that. I have checked the emails and it still shows the last email being Monday morning. the account still appears to be locked.

Thanks for coming back to us @diggermandachs.

Is your wife able to change her email password via My Virgin Media?

Regards,

Steven_L

We have already done that. Will it help if we do it again?

Hello again. The account still appears to be locked. Is there anything else we can do?

Hi @diggermandachs,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue. I'm sorry to hear that you're having an ongoing problem with your mailbox.

What error do you see when trying to access the mailbox?

Have you tried to follow the "Forgotten Password" option on the email sign in screen? Please reset your password to something completely new and never used before. Once this is done, please wait at least 10 minutes before accessing your mailbox. Please let us know if this has worked, or if you're still experiencing issues with access?

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for your reply. My wife has spoken to Customer Services and she has been informed that her emails will be restored tomorrow. We can only wait with hope.

@diggermandachs wrote:

Thank you for your reply. My wife has spoken to Customer Services and she has been informed that her emails will be restored tomorrow. We can only wait with hope.

They absolutely won’t be restored tomorrow, that was a standard ‘get an annoying customer off the phone and chalk up another closed call’ manoeuvre.

It might well be a good idea to reset the password yet again and then wait at least 30 minutes before trying to access it to give the system a chance to replicate the password change around the system.

This made no difference. We can access the email account but it has not been updated with new emails since Monday. We can only wait till tomorrow. My wife has a ticket number which was sent to IT Security to ask them to unlock the account??????