Why are my emails going into my friends junk box 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@kingfisher2 wrote:

The simple answer is because which ever email service your friend uses has decided that your emails look like spam.😉

There was an issue a few weeks ago with Virgin Media emails sent to AOL, Yahoo and Sky email accounts all being flagged as spam. I have just sent a test email to my AOL account and that went into the spam folder so it seems that problem still exists.

VM was supposed to be looking into the issue but I don't know if that is still ongoing.

If your friend uses  AOL / Yahoo /Sky  (they are all on the same email platform) the work around is that if they mark your emails as "Not Spam" that usually solves the problem.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@kingfisher2 wrote:

The simple answer is because which ever email service your friend uses has decided that your emails look like spam.😉

There was an issue a few weeks ago with Virgin Media emails sent to AOL, Yahoo and Sky email accounts all being flagged as spam. I have just sent a test email to my AOL account and that went into the spam folder so it seems that problem still exists.

VM was supposed to be looking into the issue but I don't know if that is still ongoing.

If your friend uses  AOL / Yahoo /Sky  (they are all on the same email platform) the work around is that if they mark your emails as "Not Spam" that usually solves the problem.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

thanks for prompt reply virgin say they will look into it !!!!

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@kingfisher2 wrote:
virgin say they will look into it !!!!

That"s what the council told me when I reported the hole in the road outside my house. LOL. Happy Christmas!

Coenoby

ha ha

Hey @kingfisher2,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issues on the forum. 

Have the team advised you of any timescales or references for the problem to be resolved?

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for reply, heard nothing.

Hi kingfisher2,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, I have been able to locate your account, I can see you have reported this, are you unable to send any emails or is it just to your friend where the issue is occurring?

Regards

Paul.

Hi there thanks for your quick reply. I can send e-mails,and it says in my sent box they have been sent, but they end up in my friends junk box.

Good morning. Thanks for coming back to us. Has your friend marked your emails as 'not spam'? Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill