Menu
frankzed12
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

email

Hi need urgent help i have been with virgin media probably over 25 years had a blueyonder email address until my son just moved back in and it was transferred into his name then i get an email saying i have up to 90 days before they close the email as i am not with them any more about 2-3 weeks in my email stops now i am trying to sort passwords and changing things but can as all reset messages are sent to closed email my son been on the phone to vm they said it will be sorted and put back onto his account over a week now with lots phone calls to them still not sorted any one that can help thank you

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: email

The VM Forum Team should be able to investigate this for you.  They will respond in due course.

It is worth pointing out that if they are able to move your address from the old account to your Son's new account it would wipe out any email addresses he has set up on the new account.

You may find that you can still access your email using a third party email app, see here for more instructions:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-use-email-with-mail-clients

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning frankzed12,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

I'm sorry to see that you've been having issues with the E-Mail accounts. As this would be seen as a transfer of ownership we would need to speak to both you and your son, with your son also now being the account holder, when managing E-Mail accounts, this is something we're unable to do with third parties to an account

Please give us a call on 0345 454 1111 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
frankzed12
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: email still not sorted

This has still not been sorted getting very annoyed sa my passwords are being sent there so i can confirm things  

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi frankzed12,

I'm sorry you've been unable to get this sorted.

We'd need the new account holders permission to move the old email address over, any that are currently set up on the new account would be deleted and removed and will not be able to be recovered.

If your son is happy for this to happen, if you can get him to post on our forums and mention this post we'll be able to help.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Gino123
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hello i am the account holder, i accept the terms of changing the email and understand my current email will be removed and deleted, i hope to see quick progress on this.

Thankyou. Gino Zimbalatti

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gino123, thanks for posting and welcome to our community. 

I am going to send you a quick private message, to help the email issue get resolved.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi frankzed12,

I'm sorry the issue with your email address has not yet been rectified. I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos