Menu
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: email

@gassa4123 wrote:

REALY,

the 2nd and 3rd email accounts are virgin accounts already linked in my email browser..

The message you are getting implies that the credentials for the 2nd and 3rd accounts that you have added to your main account in VM webmail are somehow incorrect.

You need to click on the three horizontal line icon top right of the webmail screen and select settings > Accounts > then select edit next to the individual accounts concerned and check that the details are correct.  As per Jen_A's message earlier you may need to reset the passwords for these accounts in My Virgin Media and then enter the new passwords in the settings area I have directed you to.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@gassa4123

Graham has hit the nail on the head, please follow his instructions carefully.  Modifying the account that comes up in the error message.  Which should be one of  accounts you've added not the one labelled email.

Let us know how you get on.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
gassa4123
Tuning in
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

yes, I've done that and can see no issues, I have also tried to change password but nothing is accepted. I guess I'll have to call VM again.

ta..

0 Kudos
gassa4123
Tuning in
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

no change,    Accounts

• email

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.
  • gassa1

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.

Password recovery

Show information about account recovery

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'll try and explain this in simple steps.

1. Go to the following address - https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/listUsers#
  2. When asked to log in log in using your MAIN account - However if you've recently logged in to webmail with the main account you'll be taken straight to the correct page anyway.
  3. Next to the FIRST ACCOUNT that you are having issues with click View/Change
  4. Next to the password click Change and note down or copy the new password.
  5. Go back to the Accounts screen in mail settings.
  6. In the account you've just changed put the NEW PASSWORD in.  It should then say that the account has been updated.
  7. Repeat for the second email address and so on.

Tim

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
gassa4123
Tuning in
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have followed this ritual many times and get the answer:- Sorry, this password isn't allowed. Please choose another one.

the various passwords chosen met the criteria stipulated. I have tried again this morning and managed to change the passwords, I have now opened my main email account and got 5 emails confirming change of password, even though I have only changed 2.

I have completed the checklist and have now got access to the other accounts.

Many thanks for your help.

I cannot believe all the passwords I previously chose were already in use etc. but who knows?

thanks again..

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi

I can't tell you why it didn't work before, but I am glad you've resolved it now.

Tim

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
gassa4123
Tuning in
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

ta Tim

0 Kudos