Menu
shrek
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

email

unable to send emails on computer or tablet and phone,  receiving email ok ???

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: email

Does this happen when using webmail, or an email client?  Is this only at home using VM internet connection?  What if you turn the internet/wifi off and try data, or go to another location and use wifi?  The reason I ask is that recently there are quite a few customers with blacklisted public IP addresses.

If you can get the error code from your email client, the superusers can confirm this or advise appropriate action if a different error code is presented.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Outgoing-Authentication-Issues-Check-Email-Logs/td-p/3237...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
shrek
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I don't understand, for the last few days I haven't been able to send email from my computer, phone or tablet. our email is with Mozilla Thunderbird. I have an ntlworld.com email address.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@shrek ok a very, very quick and dirty check for something.

Just looking at your phone to start off with, I take it that when you are at home, it won't send any emails, am I correct? Just some error message about passwords or accounts?

If so, if you take the phone somewhere else so it is not connected to your home wifi (or alternatively stay home but turn on the wifi on the phone) what happens then if you try to send an email from it?

John

shrek
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Went outside with phone tried to send no good got message   Alert Unable to connect to email server to verify account information . no response from server.               IAM USING THUNDERBIRD.

0 Kudos
shrek
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

now message on computer  is time out try again,

0 Kudos
shrek
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ok turned wifi off on my phone and my phone now sends email, what does that mean ??? help.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

MissPasko told you what it meant in post 2 of this thread. You have likely blacklisted IP address and VM will not send your mail.

Two things to do.  Follow the instructions in the post she linked you to to get the VM code that Thunderbird will report. Or type ip into a Google search box and then check the IP address on this page.

https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/

Report back the VM3xx error code from the Thunderbird log and the result from the IP check in Spamhaus and what blocklist the IP address might be on. Some blocklist listings don't matter but if you are on SBLCSS it matters a great deal.  The check will tell you that.

No other way through this. We have to diagnose.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
shrek
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Been away for a week, came home turned computer back on and all seems ok!!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to bet good money that it won't last and you'll find yourself unable to send emails within a few days or so. When and if that does happen, please follow the advice of @HowardML avove regarding finding out your public up address and putting it in the Spamhaus check box on the link he provided.

Also, and this might seem like an odd question, when you went away, what devices did you take with you and did you leave anything behind at home still plugged in and working i.e. Aamzon Firesticks, Chromecasts etc?