Menu
Highlighted
gassa4123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

email

server cannot be reached for 2 days last week, and again this morning??????????????????????????????????????????????

not the first time either..

email me when someone replies????????????

0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: email

A few preliminary questions...

Do you have a current VM broadband account?

Exactly what are the error-messages? Post them here without any personal identifiers such as your email address.

How are you trying to access your emails? Webmail or email client? What device(s)?

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
gassa4123
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Your e-mail transport for ***********@virginmedia.com was disabled due to invalid credentials. Please edit the account and enter correct credentials to enable it again.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

[MOD EDIT: For your security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi gassa4123,

I shall do my best to help.

I'm not personally familiar with this particular error message - which mail client/app are you using please?

As the error refers to invalid credentials I think it would be wise to begin by accessing My Virgin Media (with the pirmary account) and updating the password (via the My Profile tab for primary or Manage Accounts for a secondary address). Then re-attempt mail access and let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
gassa4123
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

using virgin, cannot change password, everything i enter is not allowed

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@gassa4123 wrote:

using virgin, cannot change password, everything i enter is not allowed

You know it's very hard to help when people give so little information out.  I'm assuming that when you say "using Virgin", is that you read your email using a web browser.  Would I be correct?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
gassa4123
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I log into my virgin, then click email, i have 3 accounts but can only use the main 1, there seems to be no online help for this issue. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Really, no on line help - try this:

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

if you want to see all your addresses in one place.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
gassa4123
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

REALY,

the 2nd and 3rd email accounts are virgin accounts already linked in my email browser..

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I'm not going to get into an extended conversation on this. This Forum only works at its best when people give a clear written indication of what the issue is. It does work if we have to guess our way through what may be wrong. When you explain in detail what the issue is we will be happy to help further. In the meantime I will add nothing further.

Use Kudos to say thanks