cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email still locked after password change

onlinelearner
Tuning in

I have been locked out of my Blueyonder email address.

I have changed the password on the virgin media account and can access my account pages without any problem but I still can't laugh the web email interface;

Error message: Sorry! your mailbox is not available at the moment.  etc....

Screen shot attached:Screenshot 2021-11-25 at 13.32.32.png

The email account which is locked is the primary email address associated with the account. I didn't receive any warning email that I know of, but that may be because the account is locked...

I will change the primary email address associated with my virgin account but will wait until I have access to the original email address first - I don't want to run the risk of being locked out of everything.

11 REPLIES 11

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@onlinelearner  It can take up to an hour for the password change to unlock the webmail page.  Did you change the password to a unique one that you have not used before for Virgin Media Mail?

Also worth noting that you cannot change the primary email address associated with your Virgin Media account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes, I waited for more than 1hr and it was a unique, randomly generated password 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM Forum Team should be able to investigate this for you.  They should respond here either later this evening or tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks 

Hi onlinelearner, 

Thanks for taking the time to join the Community. It's really great having you on board with us. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having an issue with accessing your emails despite already changing the password. 

We can certainly take a look at things at this end to see what's going on but we will need to pass through data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have tried to reply to your private message

Hi onlinelearner, 

Thanks for letting us know. 

I have had a few days off which is why there was no reply but I did pick this up earlier 🙂 

Give the steps a try that I've put in my private message to you and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi onlinelearner, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I'm sorry to hear that despite following the steps, the email address is still locked. 

I have raised an IT Ticket with the relevant teams for them to get this unlocked for you. 

Once I hear back, I will be in touch. 

Apologies once again for the issues and inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi @onlinelearner

Thanks for your patience on this one. 

The IT Team have come back to me now and have confirmed the email address has been unlocked. Checking things this end I can see the same. 

Please log in to the email address using the password you updated too and let me know how you get on. 

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team