Did you mean: 

email rest

HappyHour
Tuning in

Any idea how to reset my blueyonder email? I cant get into it for some rreason

15 REPLIES 15

jem101
Superstar

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

After resetting the password, wait 30-60 minutes before trying to access it to give time for the password change to work through the system

This doesn't seem to work, ive change the password in my preferences, windows mail still states that it cannot access the email. This last happened 3 weeks ago, when I changed the password on the previous occasion it asked for my security word, this time it didnt. Any ideas?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HappyHour  Can you explain what you mean by ', ive change the password in my preferences'?

You need to be changing the password in your My Virgin Media account either under the My Profile tab or the Manage Accounts tab depending on whether the email address concerned is your primary one or a secondary account.

Once you have done this you need to enter the new password into the windows mail settings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry, bad choice of words, Ive gone into my profile/manage accounts, chosen the blueyonder account and opted to view/change and changed the password. The new password was accepted but when I change the password within windows mail it comes up with the same error. Same with my ios devices

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you access the email address concerned via VM webmail using the new password? https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

I dont have it on webmail any more, It used to be on my VM mail account but dropped off a couple of years ago

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please go the weblink that I posted and enter the email address concerned and the new password and report back with the result.

Ive tried to add the blueyonder account, reply was 'Auto configuration failed, do you want to configure your account manually?'

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not asking you to add the blueyonder email to another webmail account.

Please log out of any existing VM accounts that you are logged into and try the webmail page again.  At the log in stage use the blueyonder email address and password to log in with.