cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email reset for a "subsidiary" account

mh52
Tuning in

I am the main account holder, my daughter has her own e-mail account which is subsidiary to mine, with her own email address and password. She had an issue with the account an deleted it on her mac. We are now trying to reinstate it, but she cannot access it from her mac to do so.

Do I need to let her log in to My Virgin Media with my details to access her account, or can do something to reset it for her?

What would happen if I deleted her account from my profile, would she be able to set up and access her account anew?

Thanks for any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mh52 

If you delete the secondary account from you my Virgin Media account then it will be gone for good.  Your daughter would not be able to add it to a different broadband account.

What you need to do is reset the password for the secondary account.  You do this via your My Virgin Media account.  In the instructions below follow the secondary account steps.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

Once you have done this your daughter can try to add the account back to her email client on her Mac.  Best to wait at least an hour before doing this final part.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mh52 

If you delete the secondary account from you my Virgin Media account then it will be gone for good.  Your daughter would not be able to add it to a different broadband account.

What you need to do is reset the password for the secondary account.  You do this via your My Virgin Media account.  In the instructions below follow the secondary account steps.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

Once you have done this your daughter can try to add the account back to her email client on her Mac.  Best to wait at least an hour before doing this final part.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks