cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email not working in chrome

nin10
On our wavelength

cannot get email in chrome for 3 days now just get message from virgin saying we are working on problem. Has anybody else got this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nin10
On our wavelength

if virgin was aware of the issue why didn't they tell their customers, it would have stopped a lot of sleepless nights. not a happy bunny!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

cornetjo
On our wavelength

Yes I have exactly the same problem, and have come onto here to see if anyone can solve the issue, as I desperately need my emails.  I have tried phoning but was on hold for ages.

Hi cornetjo,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, we are sorry to hear you were facing issues accessing your Emails, is this only Via Chrome you are facing issues, can you get emails on any device, what error message do you get when you try?

Regards

Paul. 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Paul_DN @nin10 @cornetjo 

I see this was reported a couple of days ago but I don't know if people are still having the same problem.

I normally use Firefox but I have just checked and was able to sign into my VM email accounts and My Virgin Media account successfully using Chrome.

That was using these links:  https://mail2.virginmedia.com/   for email and https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn  for My Virgin Media.

On my Windows 11 machine I have got Chrome Version 100.0.4896.127 (Official Build) (64-bit) while my Windows 10 machine still has Chrome Version 100.0.4896.95 (Official Build) (64-bit) but both worked fine.

I did get the CAPTCHA challenge on my Windows 10 machine. However that may have been because seconds earlier I had logged in and out of both accounts on the Windows 11 laptop which might have looked suspicious and triggered the challenge.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Same here, just for the last couple of days not been able to access the mail box in chrome, but tried it on firefox and it comes up, seems a chrome issue. I did clear the cache but still getting this message:
vmprobs.png

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We was aware of an issue affecting this - which is now resolved. Can you let me know how things are at the moment? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

It's working now, just couldn't understand other browsers getting the emails and not chrome, I cleared the cache and the issue was still there. Only this time it was for 2 days which is a long time in Virgin repairs.

Thanks

nin10
On our wavelength

if virgin was aware of the issue why didn't they tell their customers, it would have stopped a lot of sleepless nights. not a happy bunny!