Menu
Martinweller
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

email not showing when i log in

Hi, when i login to my virginmedia i use my blueyonder email address to log in but when i then click on email it isnt showing in there instead its some random email they set me up with years ago with my initials and some random numbers. 

How do i get it to show in there? 

i have the email address setup on my phone and i do receive emails from it, so its working but randomly its not showing in virgin yet its the email address i use to log in to my account.

i would like to be able to log in via a browser and send emails but i cant currently as the only way i can send an email through it is via my phone.

Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Martinweller
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: email not showing when i log in

I should also note that when i tried using the add email account button in the email it didn't work, not sure why, i thought maybe it was because the password was incorrect, so i changed and reset the password on the account and tried again but still no joy, but did get an email on my phone confirming my password had been changed. 

so at a loss on what to do. 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, Martinweller,

This will depend on which email address is the primary email address. Usually the first email account created is the primary, which means that is the email that can create sub accounts. You mentioned this was the email that has your initials and some random numbers. Have you tried logging in with that one to see if that is the primary email address?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Martinweller
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes i have and it's saying initals one with random numbers (email address1) is not recognised, so not sure what to do.

when i first joined virgin some 30 years (telewest) the initials and random numbers email address (email address 1) was my primary and i then setup the one i am trying to access now through a browser.(email address 2)

However, i then left virgin, but email address 2 continued to work, so when i returned to virgin, i asked virgin to help me get into the email as although i had access on my phone, i didn't know the password, or anything, and i could not access my new account number at all online, so they killed two birds with one stone. and offered to move my email address 2 over to this new account and set it as my primary, which they did so i can now access the account details, which was fine.

However, i recently wanted to send an email through my email address 2 account through a browser as it was going to be a long email and so more comfortable to write on a pc, and then i have realised that the email address 2 is not actually showing in my email, despite it being the email address i log into to access my account online, which is weird as that should be my primary now.

my email address 2 is still receiving email through my phone so works ok, but i cannot seem to access it via the virgin account.

but s new account and set it as my primary (is my understanding)
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your detailed response to the questions posed by my colleague.

I will need to drop you a private message over so that we can pass account security and confirm all the correct information, so that I can then investigate the problems that you're having with the IT support team.

I will drop the message over in a moment.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos