cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email login

helixx1
Joining in

I have been unable to log into my email on any computer for weeks I can access on phone but not log in on any computer.  I have important emails saved which I need to work with from a computer.  Each time I login it says wrong password then I try resetting & it says unknown username.

Please help

Helen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ah then in that case, I'm sorry to say that almost certainly the email address, mailbox and all the email within it has been marked for deletion and, indeed the process is already underway. This all should be done after 90 days of you leaving but from time to time the process isn't down in a timely fashion and the mailboxes can linger on for far longer, but eventually the clean-up process catches up with them and they are deleted.

All I can suggest is that you quickly set up an alternative email address with another provider (gmail, outlook etc.) and while you still have access to your VM account on your phone, you quickly forward any messages you want to keep to the new address and start letting all of your contacts know.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jem101
Superstar

Helen

When you say 'any computer', is that by using a web browser to access the webmail version of your emails?

The unknown username message is a bit of a worry as it would indicate that the email address in question is not linked to your Virgin Media broadband account (assuming that you are a current VM broadband customer). In such a case the email address is regarded as being orphaned and as such is prone to being deleted at any time. Often when this happens, the access to it via webmail goes first and access via a client application last for a bit longer, which would explain why it still works on your phone.

A member of the forum team should come to this thread shortly (I'll escalate it to them if not) and offer to contact you directly to see what can be done.

John

I am no longer a virgin media customer since May but have continued to use the email

Ah then in that case, I'm sorry to say that almost certainly the email address, mailbox and all the email within it has been marked for deletion and, indeed the process is already underway. This all should be done after 90 days of you leaving but from time to time the process isn't down in a timely fashion and the mailboxes can linger on for far longer, but eventually the clean-up process catches up with them and they are deleted.

All I can suggest is that you quickly set up an alternative email address with another provider (gmail, outlook etc.) and while you still have access to your VM account on your phone, you quickly forward any messages you want to keep to the new address and start letting all of your contacts know.

Thank you for your help

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @helixx1,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some ongoing issues with accessing your email!

I'm sorry to hear that you're no longer a customer with us. As @jem101 advised, if you're no longer an active customer, your email will be deleted after 90 days following the disconnection.

Have you been able to set up​ email forwarding as advised previously?

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs