cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email locked

Hobbes1218
Dialled in

Hi, as others have also mentioned. My ntlworld email has now been locked for two days. I have run a full virus scan and a full malware scan. Both were clear as I expected. I have changed my password on both the main and secondary accounts. Both said updated but 8 hours later I can log into this page using my old password but not the new ones and my email still is locked. Virgin really need to sort this out.

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hobbes1218 wrote:

Hi, as others have also mentioned. My ntlworld email has now been locked for two days. I have run a full virus scan and a full malware scan. Both were clear as I expected. I have changed my password on both the main and secondary accounts. Both said updated but 8 hours later I can log into this page using my old password but not the new ones and my email still is locked. Virgin really need to sort this out.

Chris

If by 'this page' you mean this community forum then the login details are entirely independent of your login details for your My Virgin Media account and any secondary accounts under your primary account.

When you log into your primary VM account and look at the My Profile tab does the Ntlworld email address concerned show under the Virgin Media Mail section or under the Manage Accounts tab as a secondary account?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hobbes1218 wrote:

Chris

If by 'this page' you mean this community forum then the login details are entirely independent of your login details for your My Virgin Media account and any secondary accounts under your primary account.

When you log into your primary VM account and look at the My Profile tab does the Ntlworld email address concerned show under the Virgin Media Mail section or under the Manage Accounts tab as a secondary account?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

If I look at My Profile when logged in as the main account I can change the password. Next to that I see Manage accounts in which I can see my ntlworld account.I can also change my password there for the secondary account. I have changed both today. But when logging back in after signing out they still only accept the old password even though both said the password was updated. So yes the forum is different - but I can log into my main and secondary Virgin accounts but not email. 

Thanks for trying to help Graham. I don't understand why an email account that that I have used for 20 years is suddenly locked when I have changed nothing. This must be a problem with Virgin and others seem to be having the same problem.Some new malware check that is reporting false positives?

Just to annoy customers?

Chris

Hello Hobbes1218

Sorry to hear of the problems accessing your email account, we appreciate you raising this with us via the forums.

I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to look into this further for you and look forward to your reply.

Rob

Thanks Rob. Hope you can help. I've sent a PM. Three days now with no email.

Chris

Still no help from virgin.

I can sign into my account with Virgin but not my email. 4 days now. I can still read all my old emails but I can't recieve anything new or send anything.

I've started to use a new email account.

This must be very upsetting if anyone uses a Virgin account for business. Not much point in ticking the email me when someone replies box.

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Thanks for the update hobbes1218, glad to hear this has now been resolved for you 🙂

Rob