Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

email issues

I cannot log in to my secondary email account. Anybody having similar issues? been going on since 25 March 2021 i cannot get access on any platform including virgin media site.I have uninstalled and reinstalled the secondary account but still no access. Primary account is still ok??

the message i get from VM site;

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

still waiting on reply from VM over complaint??!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: email issues

Hi wheely19

Thanks for posting.

My apologies for the email issue. Normally this error is sorted by running virus scans and then doing a password reset on the email. Has this been tried? Let me know if not and I can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

I haven't been able to get access to this account to run a virus check. It's a secondary account. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

But I have changed the password from the primary account

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi wheely19

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I meant virus scans on all devices 🙂

I'll PM you now to assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for the message, as you're not the account holder, can you get Michelle to make an account on the forums and then pop us a post over? We can then assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi John not helpful advice.

I did ask the wife to log into this forum, create account but as I am using the primary account I cannot use this forum for her. its not a very good site not very user friendly.

I tried to set this up but the account email is already in use???   Why is the email so hard to be fixed? is a secondary account email. 

if you can check our account, the name is shown as ME on account details and this is such for a very long time. I gave the password details. I have tried updating the email settings they were in IMAP.ntlworld.com and SMTP.ntlworld.com but they were not allowed so I changed them to virginmedia but get the same message. 

If i delete the account then all my emails will be gone? I am in the ball park to quit this and post a remark elsewhere to my satisfaction. We have until june then will close all VM stuff down. Not had a happy customer experience this past year and half. I will start using Sky, google or hotmail in future I think.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous A Community account on this forum does not need a VM email address, so if your wife has a non VM email address she can use that to verify the community account.  If she doesn't have an different email address she can set one up in minutes via Gmail or MS Outlook, other suppliers are available.

It may seem that the VM Forum staff are being difficult, however, they are bound to go through account security in order to comply with data protection laws, and this can only be done with the named account holder.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It is a difficult situation. She spoke on the phone last week and was told 5 days it'll be fixed. Still not on day 5 now. 

I work in data protection areas so I know the scams, like VM losing my data previously. My data and name is on our account. ? My name the emails to me I pay the account bills. Etc etc. They phone my home phone line when it's not connected?? And they are constantly informed of this. 

All I want is my emails back. Nothing more. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

if you work in DPA then you know that the name on the account an who pays it doesn't better. Its who name the contract is in.