cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email inbox subfolders

coppertop
Tuning in

my email inbox has subfolders - i've done this as I've previously lost my inbox emails so now i sort them into subfolders so they dont disappear - on my old iphone these subfolders could be seen and used but I've just changed to a Huawei P30 and its only showing standard folders - inbox, sent, drafts etc.  Its set up as an imap email. I've been intouch with Huawei who have advised its because i'm using the default email folder (which i do on my iphone) and i need to download an app specific for my virgin email - i cant find one!!

Can anyone offer any advise what to do or an app to use so i can see and use my inbox subfolders please?

17 REPLIES 17

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

There is no VM email app.

Can you check if the sub folders are listed on webmail at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox ? If the sub filders do not show on webmail then the sub folders are saved as a local copy.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hello,

I didnt think there was an app lol & yes they're showing on that link on my laptop webmail, also show on my iphone email just not on the huawei one

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

if you send yourself an email on the Huawei P30 do you see it in:

• Huawei P30's Sent folder and Inbox
  • Webmail's Sent folder and Inbox; make sure to press 2019-02-22.jpeg to synchronise with the server

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes all the email works & can see all standard folders but then when I move the email from my main inbox to an inbox subfolder I can only view it on webmail not my phones email app 

Sorry to hear of the issues that you're having coppertop. 

Have you been able to resolve this since your last post?

If not, please could you remove and then re-add your account details onto the app, hopefully this should refresh your connection to the network.

Have you changed your password recently? This can sometimes not be updated across all devices and cause such issues.

Regards

Steven_L

No still not resolved 

what app do you mean? 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

He means the email app you are trying to use on your Huawei device.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello,

If you mean remove my virgin email account from my huawei email app ive already done this and then re added and still not showing my inbox subfolders.  I just dont understand why its not showing them as all i did on my iphone was add my email account and it shows them.

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update, did you add these sub-folders over the web-mail or is this a client/app specific change?

Thanks, Emily.