Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

email credential/authentication issues

How do I solve this problem?

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: email credential/authentication issues

You need to explain much more about what is happening, where are you seeing this message, how are you collecting sending e-mail etc. With respect - we are not mind readers. We can't see what you see and we can't know what your set up is. and we don't know every error message produced by every e-mail set up. We are happy to help but we depend on you to tell us , in full, what is going on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello HowardML, thank you for your swift response - I understand that you are not all mind-readers, but on the other hand (as you may already realise), I am not very technical, but here goes with the problem which started yesterday:

1. I have 2 x email accounts ending … virginmedia.com which I generally access vis a Outlook on Microsoft Office 10
  2. Since yesterday (18.6.20), when attempting to access my emails via Outlook, I got the following message whish is basically asking for my username & password for the server 'pop3.vriginmedia.com' 

1. Having not made any changes to this email account, I logged on to my email account on the Virginmedia site and received this message

Edit

•  

Edit

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.

1. I don’t know what this means and so I posted on the Virgin Media Community page looking for some help.  As far as I can see, the problem is only with 1 out of 2 of my Virgin Media email addresses, I do not get any error messages for the other account and can receive emails via Microsoft Outlook.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Before I answer this, and I will,  for heavens sake edit out your full e-mail address. or you will be bombarded with spam and scams. This is a public forum. Think about your privacy before anything else. How do you think scammers and spammers get hold of e-mail addresses. Use the "Post Option" drop down in the relevant post and make the changes NOW!!!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

How do I remove it?  Oh God!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Howard ML, seems like you are dealing with an idiot!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No I'm dealing with someone who is in difficulty, whom I want to help but who is being careless. Now that has been put right we can get on with the real issue. I nee to have further think, but I now have enough to go on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid more questions. This is not the problem I expect on first reading the detail. On the address which is proving problematic in Outlook will it send e-mail. Try and tell me what happens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Howard ML - apologies, I had to go out.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Howard ML, no I can't send emails via  the problem email - the other one is OK

0 Kudos