Menu
costumekate
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

email - connection timed out?

Hi can anyone help please. For a few days, I cannot access my emails, I have not changed any settings.  When I go to 'emails' from my home page or any other route, I just get the swirly wait signal and then it comes up "connection timed out". Any advice please? I can access everything else without a problem and access the emails on my phone using the same wi-fi but just not through my laptop.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: email - connection timed out?

Hi costumekate,

I am sorry about this. Though I'm not aware of any reported fault about this I do think I replied to someone else earlier with a similar issue.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you are trying to access webmail via the Virgin Media website?

If so then I'd like to know if you've tried a different browser and tried a different laptop or computer (the phone works differently as it uses a mail app). Also If you are using a short cut or bookmark for webmail please type in the address directly - www.virginmedia.com and click on the 'email' link in the top right corner.

Keep me updated Smiley Happy 

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
sparkyin100
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have an identical problem and have logged in as you describe 1000's of times over 20 years or since Virgin bought out NTL.
"If I'm understanding you correctly, you are trying to access webmail via the Virgin Media website?

If so then I'd like to know if you've tried a different browser and tried a different laptop or computer (the phone works differently as it uses a mail app). Also If you are using a short cut or bookmark for webmail please type in the address directly - www.virginmedia.com and click on the 'email' link in the top right corner."
And it still times out.

I'll pick up the same complaint as it's been a problem for me, intermittently, for 3/4 years.
It's a big problem right now.
My ops was XP until it ran out of updates and then it's been (W8 for a short period) W10 with every update as they are installed automatically..

Opera is my preferred browser, it's stable and works quickly, I don't want to change it.
Mozilla and Chrome are always installed and updated as standbys.
As previously, the swirly symbol times out yet again and I had to change to a different desktop, still using Opera, to be able to login to Virgin Media.
It is a real nuisance when it happens and then corrects itself after a period of weeks only to return a few weeks later.

FOOTNOTE - It can be a problem with Mozilla or Chrome at which time it has to be a different PC

0 Kudos
tracypallatt
Just joined
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hi

windows updated today and I now cannot access Virgin email - it times out.

Did you get anywhere with your query, other than changing browser?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi tracypallatt, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see that you have been having trouble with your emails. 

Are you having trouble with webmail, client mail or both? 

If you are still having trouble pop me a PM with the following details so we can investigate further:

Name on account:

Virgin email address in question:

Postcode and house number:

Contact number:

We'll be happy to progress things for you once we have received your reply.

Kind Regards,

Emma_E

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Goonagain
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I too have started to experience this issue, today is worst of all I cannot connect to my email account using Google Chrome (timed out) I can however get some joy when using Firefox - I prefer Chrome though and would welcome some idea of why this should be happening on Chrome, I have a decent connection and download speeds are good (200+).

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Well-informed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Goonagain wrote:

I too have started to experience this issue, today is worst of all I cannot connect to my email account using Google Chrome (timed out) I can however get some joy when using Firefox - I prefer Chrome though and would welcome some idea of why this should be happening on Chrome, I have a decent connection and download speeds are good (200+).

The improvement with Firefox proves (well, in my mind it does) that it is not a VM issue, just a blocked-up browser.  Go back to Chrome and clear your VM related history/cookies/cache and try again.  Let us know if the problem persists after that.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos