cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email cannot sign in

danie1991
Dialled in

on virgin media site i cannot sign into my email since friday evening i get msg saying try later.it happens frequently.last time it happened i was told to change password and it wouldnt happen again

and it worked but it has happened again.i have read on forum of it happening to someone else. i can see it on phone if it was site i would not be able to see other acs i can see media and mobile acs ok.im fed up as ot keeps happening.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

thank u for redacting the no i will do that in future.normally i just let it ring til the answer msg and they put phone down.because it was a loca no i picked it up but  as soon as they sid they were virgin media and when they mentioned internet connection i put phone no,thanks for your reply i will just leave the answer phone on in future.if its important a msg will be left.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

danie1991
Dialled in

it happens on a regular basis.  it says try later. i can sign into media and phone acs so i dont know what problem is.when i happened before i was told to change password and it  wouldnt happen again but it has.  i can see it on phone. iam getting fed up on your forum i can see other people have same problems.

once again when i try to go to my email it says try later.when it  happened before i was told to change password and it worked.but same thing agin i can see my media ac and my phone ac just not my emails.i can see them on my phone.i am fed up

Thanks for your post @danie1991, and I'm sorry to hear that you're currently unable to access the E-Mail account.

Can you please advise me if you've been able to clear the cache on the browser you're using and have also changed the memorable word to something that has never previously been used on the E-Mail account?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

thanks for your msg.my email has coe back agai.it is happening on a regular basis.im just fed up with it.i can view msgs on phone.i can also view my media ac and mobile ac the only problem with is the email ac.but at the moment is back.thanks for your reply.i will get back to u if it happens again

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@danie1991 wrote:

thanks for your msg.my email has coe back agai.it is happening on a regular basis.im just fed up with it

It's worth noting that in Virgin Media's advice about the "Mailbox unavailable.......try again in an hour" issue  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...  they do say:

"In addition to the password reset, please also perform a full virus scan on all devices where you have used your email address to prevent your email address and IP address from being picked up by our spam and abuse system."

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the update @danie1991,

Great advise offered from @coenoby, and if you can ensure scans are ran on all devices, that would be most welcome.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

thanks for yout advice.want to ask  for advice  phone no [MOD EDIT: REMOVED] ..said they were from virgin about internet connection.but i put phone down and blocked no as that is not the way virgin get in touch.would appreciate advice.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@danie1991 wrote:

want to ask  for advice  phone no 01252xxxxxx..said they were from virgin about internet connection.but i put phone down and blocked no as that is not the way virgin get in touch.would appreciate advice.

You are absolutely right to put the phone down, they were definitely scammers.

I have asked the forum moderators to redact the number from your post. When a scammer calls you can guarantee that the number that appears in caller display will have been faked. There really is no point blocking that number, the scammers will not use it again.

However, the individual or organisation that number really belongs to will be completely innocent of any involvement in the scam and now it has been posted they may well receive abusive calls from people who mistakenly think they are talking to the scammer.

Be aware that the scammer is likely to call you again, probably with a slightly different story and they will appear to be calling from a different number.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thank u for redacting the no i will do that in future.normally i just let it ring til the answer msg and they put phone down.because it was a loca no i picked it up but  as soon as they sid they were virgin media and when they mentioned internet connection i put phone no,thanks for your reply i will just leave the answer phone on in future.if its important a msg will be left.