cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email address not recognised

Meldrew
On our wavelength

I cannot access my Virgin email account. I keep receiving the message that my account name and password is not recognised.

I have spoken to an online advisor who could only advise me to run a virus check on my computer.

I have done this and everything is fine but I still cannot access mail on any of my devices, its as if my account has been deleted. I am getting increasingly frustrated with this as I really do need email access urgently.

9 REPLIES 9

jem101
Superstar

@Meldrew wrote:

Snip …

I have spoken to an online advisor who could only advise me to run a virus check on my computer.

… snip

Absolutely brilliant - just when you think the standard of VM customer services can’t get any worse….

@Meldrew the error message is actually quite concerning, most important question is, are you a current VM broadband subscriber?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Meldrew  That must be a worry.  To help diagnose the problem can you confirm that you have a current VM broadband account and that the email address concerned is attached to the account?

When you log in to your My Virgin Media account with your primary username can you see the email address concerned under either the My Profile or Manage Accounts tabs?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Meldrew
On our wavelength
Yes, I am but beginning to wish I wasn't !

Meldrew
On our wavelength

can't even log in to My Virgin Media ! 

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Meldrew

Sorry to hear about 
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Meldrew
On our wavelength
no message received.

Sorry Meldrew, 

I will send it again 

Gareth_L

Meldrew
On our wavelength

Still cannot access my email account or log into Virgin media. Spoken to 150 three times and online help for 30 minutes. Last told two days ago by the Higher Technical team to leave my account for 48 hours then log in with a new password they gave me but still the same. Can't use any other email accounts , keep getting the message back that it's an external server error. I rely on my email to order food deliveries, medication orders and so much more. I really really need my email but what the hell do I do next ? I've run virus checks, rebooted the hub, etc. but nothing helps. Being told that my account is not recognised whichever one of my devices I use. Desperate now.

I'm so sorry to hear this @Meldrew

I can see that Gareth has sent you another PM, if you can reply then he will do all he can to get this rectified. 

Thank you.