cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email address not being recnogised at sign in to Virgin mail

HarpurM
Joining in

I have tried on numerous occasions to sign into my Virgin Media email account on both my phone and a notebook with zero success every time when I put in my email login email address I am told "Please enter a valid email address" and when accessing my account on my computer the address I typed is the correct address.

Very, Very frustrating !!

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HarpurM wrote:

"Please enter a valid email address"

As you are probably aware, every Virgin Media email account was originally created as part of a VM broadband account.

In the past, when that error message has been reported on the forum it often seems to have been caused by an issue with the VM broadband account the email account was originally linked to.

For example, the original broadband account holder may have switched broadband providers and so the original broadband account no longer exists.

Could that be the case here?

Do you have a VM broadband account or if not, do you know whether the original broadband account is still active?

If you have a VM broadband account one of the Forum Team will be able to check out what the issue is. If you don't have a VM BB account this will be a bit more difficult to resolve.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for that  however I found that as I was copy and paste the address the problem occurred but when I typed it in I had no issue. 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HarpurM wrote:

Thanks for that  however I found that as I was copy and paste the address the problem occurred but when I typed it in I had no issue. 

Thanks for the update.

That's good news. Sounds like you inadvertently copied a space before the email address, spaces are not allowed in email addresses so the error message makes perfect sense.

I'm glad there was a simple solution.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks