cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email address disappeared

Roger_Lightbown
Joining in

I had set up an additional xxx@ntlworld.com email address which I was using as a login for an account with the file sharing site box.com. Box.com required me to reset my password for security reasons at which point I realised that my email address was no longer active - basically it had been deleted by Virgin Media. This is fine until you have to authenticate an account. How can I get the email address reinstated? I really need to access the files on my box.com account!

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it has been deleted it cannot be reinstated.

You will need to contact box com to find an alternative method to regain access to the account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Is it in any way possible to create a new ntlworld.com email address? That would work - the email address just has to match so it doesn't matter if its a different account. There's only the option for @virginmedia.com on the website - but if the team could just set up a new ntlworld one that would work

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately not.  The email teams have no way of creating new ntlworld.com email addresses.  This has been the case for around five years now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Roger_Lightbown,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post on our forums.

As you have been advised by @Graham_A there would be no way to create another Ntl world email address, we can now only create @VirginMedia addresses.

I hope that you can find an alternative way to authenticate your account. 

Regards,

Steven_L