cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email account error!! lost all my emails trying to reset!!!

JoNos82
Tuning in

my email has been working fine and then this morning it said network error, incorrect password. 

I tried turning my phone off and on but no luck. 

so I tried deleting account and resetting it... Now I've lost all my emails, all my accounts are link to this email ;( .I'm fairly sure i have the password correct but I'm screwed now as i cant reset online as i dont have an account number!!

it just says account error, no password provided for account... ive entered it but it wont accept it. 

please can someone help me!!!!!

9 REPLIES 9

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you don't have Virgin broadband your email account may have neen deleted as you must have broadband from virgin for the email to stay active, it should be deleted after 90 of you leaving but sometimes it lasts a lot longer

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JoNos82,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your email address. 

I have attempted to locate your account but have been unsuccessful.

Can you confirm if you have an active Virgin Media Broadband account?

^Martin

Hi Martin, 

I used to years ago (in fact it was my mums account when i lived at home) I created an email from that and didn't realise you had to have an account for the email to continue. 

Would it all have been wiped as I've lost all my emails trying to get it working again on my phone!!

Thanks for your time so far.

JO

Hi JoNos82

Thanks for coming back to us. You can try changing the password to something new, unique never used before to see if this resolves it.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi Mark, 

I tried but its asking for a username, I have no idea what that is and if i say i forgot that then it wants an account number!!! 

seems I've lost it all forever!!! 😞

Jo

If your parent still has an active VM broadband account they should be able to reset your email password for you. 

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

@JoNos82 wrote:

Hi Mark, 

I tried but its asking for a username, I have no idea what that is and if i say i forgot that then it wants an account number!!! 

seems I've lost it all forever!!! 😞

Jo

Jo

The username will be your email address, as @Sololobo says your email address is tied to your parent’s original broadband account - if they are no longer VM broadband customers, then when they cancelled it would have taken your email address with it once VM cleaned up the account.

Whatever happens it really is important that you get your own email provision sorted out (something like a gmail or Outlook account) and start the process of letting everyone know.

i tried my email but it didn't recognise it!!

The account was from several years ago so not sure how the email has been working all this time!! JUST A SHAME I TRIED TO REDO IT ON MY PHONE AS I WOULD AT LEAST HAVE COPIES OF THE EMAILS.... But I will think of it as a good clear out lol...  

I've already sorted a new email and hopefully let everyone who needs it know. I guess i can be thankful for all the junk email i wont get for a while. 

thanks for your help 

Jo 

Thank you for the update @JoNos82.

We are sorry to hear email username did not work and that the account can not be retrieved. We can understand the inconvenience this may have caused.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs