Menu
Louidian
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

email account closed down

Since 1st Jan unable to gain access to my .net email address and when I contacted virgin today they said they'd closed down all the virgin.net email accounts.  I'm a fully paid up customer of theirs and received no notification that this would happen and now can't access a lot of important information. They just say there is nothing they can do - only a few days ago they emailed that address with my bill details. They didn't think it was a problem then! Has anyone else experienced this.  Now can't even log into My Virgin as email isn't recognised!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: email account closed down

@Louidian wrote:

Since 1st Jan unable to gain access to my .net email address and when I contacted virgin today they said they'd closed down all the virgin.net email accounts.  I'm a fully paid up customer of theirs and received no notification…

No the @virgin.net email domain has not been closed down and support should know that however where an issue can arise is if the @virgin.net email address is not linked to your active broadband service account. Did the @virgin.net address appear under My Virgin Media > My Profile or  > Manage accounts?

If you cannot resolve the issue via phone or web chat then the forum team (@ModTeam) are best placed to deal with it here however be aware it can take them a few days to reach your post.

Louidian
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I can't now log into anything to check as can't get past them wanting the email address!! Frustrating to say the least. I kept emphasising in chat that it was an active account but was told categorically that they were all closed down. Can't log in with account number and area either as that is another problem they couldn't resolve when I had to change to cable. Have been with them since 2007 and only stayed for the convenience of not changing email address!! Will wait to see if the Mod team get back to me. 

0 Kudos
critchlow
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello.

I to have the same problem. Not able to access a virgin .net email account after over 10 years of use. the Virgin help page asks for an active email account but when this is typed in it refuses to allow access stating either the email or its password is not valid and as such I cannot therefore enter My Virgin Media.> My Profile or .Manage Account Will no doubt have to wait for Virgin but if you get any info please drop me a message Thanks 

0 Kudos
Louidian
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It makes you feel as if you're going round in circles!! I know the old virgin.net accounts have been closed down if you're not an active customer but I still am. I just can't believe that it can't be reinstated but apparently it's been completely wiped from their system. Have spent the afternoon trying to think of the companies I have to notify of a new email - think I will bill virgin for my time. Will definitely let you know if I get any further info.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam

Can I ask that someone once again speaks to first line support and tells them to GET THEIR FACTS STRAIGHT??!!

I am so angry that your customers keep getting a bum ride on this.  The only virgin.net accounts that should be being closed down are those that are not currently linked to active broadband accounts.

While I'm willing to concede that the addresses in question may be orphaned, (can we get the Forum Team to check?), but for them to be actively telling customers that all virgin.net accounts are being closed is wrong.  It's as bad as the person who got the idea that Blueyonder emails use "old technology" (also wrong).

@Louidian - Can I ask that you remove the Helpful answer from @用心棒's post.  If you want to give thanks, use the Kudos button, but helpful answer means that the problems been solved.

Virgin will get to the thread, as already stated it can take them up to 7 days to do so.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@critchlow wrote:

Hello.

I to have the same problem. Not able to access a virgin .net email account after over 10 years of use. the Virgin help page asks for an active email account but when this is typed in it refuses to allow access stating either the email or its password is not valid and as such I cannot therefore enter My Virgin Media.> My Profile or .Manage Account Will no doubt have to wait for Virgin but if you get any info please drop me a message Thanks 

Welcome to the community.  The general rule here is to have separate problems in separate threads to avoid confusion.  Please start your own thread to have a better chance of the Forum Team picking up on this.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louidian,

Apologies for the misinformation afforded you when you contacted us (VM). There are still many virgin.net email addresses that we fully support, so long as they are linked to an active VM broadband account.

I shall need to take a look at that account on our systems before dispensing advice - please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right) and I'll see if we can help 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just posting to confirm that the email address in question is now successfully linked to the active VM account 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

AC77
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue. I have heard all kinds of nonsense from the faults department about this in the last fortnight.

I have started a new thread concerning this - please can you help link and restore my virgin.net account. Thank you.

0 Kudos