Menu
Highlighted
YDX5383
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

email access

Hello,

Having left Virgin Media and not yet set up my new email address (Work in Progress) how long do I now have access to my Virgin Media email page? I cannot find this info on the VM web site

Thanks

Brian

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: email access

Read this help file from VM - the answer is 90 days:

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

-----------------------

Superuser since 2015/16
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Be aware that access to your Virgin Media emails may only be available through an email client or app and not via webmail from the Virgin Media website.

See post #5 in this thread https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Another-Virgin-net-e-mail-address-problem/td-p/3907288

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you still have webmail access then you need to download your contacts TODAY (if you have't already), as when the account closes you are likely to lose access.

Webmail access is closed down often before the 90 day deadline with access to your mails still being allowed using email clients such as Thunderbird.  However even with the 90 day deadline you should get any emails you wish to keep downloaded from the server ASAP as the time goes by quickly if you aren't careful.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos