cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-mail keeps locking

keithj122
Tuning in

I have been a customer of Virgin and its predecessors (NTLWorld, Telewest, etc) for many years.

My e-mail account, which has @ntlworld.com keeps locking. This first happened a couple of months ago and after two long fruitless phone calls I eventually was told this was due to a new Virgin security system (of which no notification was given) and referred to a page which recommended changing my password. This eventually worked once I discovered that it had to be  COMPLETELY DIFFERENT rather than an adjustment.

However the same problem keeps arising - last time another change of password worked, but not this time, so yet again I have no e-mail through no fault of my own.

My complete Virgin package costs me £100+ per month and is supposed to be the 'bees-knees' but the customer service I have received has been non-existent.

Can someone at Virgin please SORT THIS OUT!

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi keithj122, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue accessing your mailbox. 

Please follow the steps laid out in this thread here

Once you've done that, wait an hour and see if you can log in. If you're still unable to, or have any further issues, just let us know by posting back here. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

After the third attempt to follow the instructions had failed I gave up, however on turning on again an hour later it worked.

However, it does seem to be a recurring problem, which causes a lot of wasted time and inconvenience, plus I'm running out of completely new passwords that I've got any chance of remembering!!

Can all the many customers suffering from the same problem (as shown by the number of similar posts) be reassured that someone at Virgin is working on a permanent solution.

We are glad to hear the issue has been resolved after a password change @keithj122.

We can understand the frustration this ongoing issue may have caused and we will flag this up to the relevant teams to take a look into and investigate. 

Please also do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs