cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-mail addresses

bdscot
Joining in

Strange question, had an e-mail address since pre virgin days, aka Telewest over 20 years, not my default e-mail but have been using it to take care of my father in laws affairs, address is removed trouble is over the years have had numerous e-mails to different people, all with brian as a first name, most are junk, but a good few contain sensitive info, always deleted, but the e-mails keep coming, all have different surnames, but all brians, and wondering how to solve the problem, did speak with tech support at Virgin some time ago, but still the e-mails come in.

Question: is it possible for more than one person to have the same e-mail address?

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"Question: is it possible for more than one person to have the same e-mail address?"

No it isn't, however it is easy for someone to fake the email address that an email appears to come from.

Is the email address concerned attached to your current VM broadband account?

By the way I will ask the moderators to remove the email address from this thread as it is an invitation to receive more spam.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Is the email address concerned attached to your current VM broadband account?-Yes and No, if that's possible, my account is linked to a different hotmail address, but the blueyonder address is still live through Virgin Media, thought about closing it, but it is quite unique having a first name as e-mail address, so have kept it, more than 20 years ago....

The e-mails I receive are legit, not faked or from someone who has hacked, the surnames are pretty repetitive, the situation being, I could pretty much hack the guys that I receive info on, I would never do that, tried to contact the one guy that continually comes up but no reply, I guess (to the server I was e-mailing myself)

Any solution appreciated, even sharing this problem with Virgin