cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-mail account

Moonmomma
Tuning in

Hi, I have an Apple iMac a laptop and an iPad. I had a Virgin tech wizard sort some e-mail issues some time ago and everything was sorted except ... the laptop still will not connect or accept (i don't know what the original password is!) to connect to Ntlworld.com.

Help I know I'm thick but it does not make sense..

7 REPLIES 7

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Can you access it through your account at MyVirginMedia? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On your iMac, from which you can access the ntlword.com email address in Mail, try the following to see the password:

• open Spotlight Search (press ⌘ + space bar)
  • type Keychain Access and press enter key
  • In Keychain Access window locate Local Items folder
  • double click on com.apple.account.SMTP.password; if there are multiple entries select the one for the account concerned
  • under Attributes select Show password
  • when prompted enter your iMac user account password
  • make note of password shown

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Moonmomma, sorry to hear of your email issues!

Thank you to the community for responding and offering support so far. If I can just get you to confirm a few things for us:

1) Are you a current customer with active services?

2) Are you trying to access the email via Webmail or Clientmail? (You can check to see if you can log into our webmail service here.)

3) By following the webmail link, are you able to reset your email password?

When doing a password reset it is always a good idea to do a full anti-virus scan on any devices associated with the account, and then use a completely new and unique password. 
Let us know how you get on! All the best. 

Molly

Yes I can do that, I'm walking carefully through this slightly unknown territory.
Thank you

Thank you my dear I did as you so beautifully suggested, found the password... did not work!

Changed the password on VirginMedia option....... I'm currently patiently working through options some of which include having a tech headache ha ha!

Thank you for your reply all help greatly appreciated. I can access the e-mail through webmail.
I am currently trying some options that have been suggested, it is very strange when all my other linked up Apple devices have no problem.
Thank you

Hey @Moonmomma, how did you get on with the other options suggested? 

If you're still having problems, give me a shout.

Best,

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs