cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-mail access not working efficiently

franco
On our wavelength

For the last week I have had difficulty accessing my e-mails (I have 3 addresses on my account)  

I have been "going round the houses" to read them. I first go to the log in screen, then I get a message which reads 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Or you may not have an active mail account with us. If you have an existing Virgin Media mailbox please try changing your password in the first instance as this may unlock the account following a security precaution taken by our email team.

It then takes me to my account log in, and then to another screen which says log in to your e-mail, which takes me to yet another account screen with a box to access e-mail. I click on this and it takes me directly to my e-mails. (So I assume that the first log in page I accessed took my password) 

I have put up with this for several days and today. as suggested,  changed all my passwords. Result - NOTHING HAS  CHANGED - I still have to go through several screens to get access. This is very annoying.  I can access e-mails my my smart phone - but there are things I need to do which require access via my PC. Any advice / solution would be welcome. 

I am using the following address as access.  https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

Franco

11 REPLIES 11

Thanks, yes I do that. In fact I was doing that before. But recently they seem to have tried to cull that one too. It still works, but goes to a new log-in page if I'm not already logged in. And sometimes it just doesn't go there and I find myself at the VM Web page instead. They are definitely trying to force the marketing c**p in front of our eyes, even if that means making the functionality worse.

Not a happy customer anymore..................................................................
Mostly a happy customer.

@tbernstein wrote:

Thanks, yes I do that. In fact I was doing that before. But recently they seem to have tried to cull that one too. It still works, but goes to a new log-in page if I'm not already logged in. And sometimes it just doesn't go there and I find myself at the VM Web page instead. They are definitely trying to force the marketing c**p in front of our eyes, even if that means making the functionality worse.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure if it is a deliberate attempt to make you look at adverts first. I really don't think that the people responsible for the VM website are that skilled - personally I'll tend (as per Hanlon's Razor) to assume it's just amateurish, incompetent website coding.