cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting very old email address

ernie2009
Dialled in

hi everyone, over the past 2 hours ive spent 1 hour of it trying to get my old blueyonder email removed from my account as been hacked twice in past 6 months and now getting blackmail threats to this email after an hour on the phone i was told this old email would be removed and couldnt use it again. after an hour its still live so how long should i wait untill old email is deleted ?. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi ernie2009, 

No problem at all. Once the IT Ticket has been worked and resolved, @Travis_M will get a notification to say this. 

He will then be able to pop you a message to let you know and confirm things. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

48 REPLIES 48

ernie2009
Dialled in

im having exactly the same problem but with hacking and spam of very old blueyonder email. after an hour on the phone the account is still live so hope nat can work her wonders on my account also. many thanks.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ernie2009 wrote:

im having exactly the same problem but with hacking and spam of very old blueyonder email. after an hour on the phone the account is still live so hope nat can work her wonders on my account also. many thanks.

A couple of things>

Natalie_L has not been around the Forum for a while and in any event for the rest of this week the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) are running on much reduced numbers.

I have moved you latest post over to your own thread to make it easier for them to pick up on your issue. (As it was they could have wasted time checking out and replying to 2 separate threads.)

One of the team will pick up on this thread and contact you via the forum.

Is this Blueyonder address the one you use to sign in to your MY Virgin Media account (where you view your VM bills)? If so you cannot delete that address. Some well meaning VM support staff have attempted to do that in the past and the results have been disastrous. 

Or is it an old email address that was originally setup under a previous broadband account? Those can definitely be deleted by VM.

On the other hand is it a Blueyonder "alias" address perhaps for your main email account rather than a standalone email account in its own right?  Deleting those is also problematic / impossible.

That information will be useful to the Forum Team but for now you will have to be patient until one of them reaches this thread.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hi @coenoby, the email i refer to is not the one linked to my account and which they send bills to. ive had this email and old blueyonder for about 20 yrs or more but recently been hacked and now threatening spam emails and as i dont use it now want it deleted. in my profile its the email at bottom of page which we cant delete ourselves. after speaking with virgin again recently im assured the changes i requested earlier today will be instigated within the next 48 hours so hopefull this will indeed happem. massive thanks coenoby for all your help and advice and time with this,

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ernie2009 wrote:
after speaking with virgin again recently im assured the changes i requested earlier today will be instigated within the next 48 hours so hopefull this will indeed happem.

Thanks for coming back with that update. 👍

Hopefully everything will be sorted as promised. I know the deletion process does take time.  If that doesn't happen, just post back here next week (once everyone's back at work) and one of the Forum team can chase that up for you.

Just a tip for you. Sometimes the deletion process stalls and the mailbox is still live even though you cannot access it.

You can always check whether the deletion has completed correctly by sending a test email to that address. If you get an error message back saying the "Username does not exist" you will know the account has been fully deleted.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

hi @coenoby   your a star and cant thank you enough for putting my mind at rest. will keep you updated and happy new year.

Hi @ernie2009 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you've had difficulties getting your email address deleted. I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

ernie2009
Dialled in

im having exactly the same issue after making now 11 phonecalls to virgin media and being told its done the mailbox is still live. i even had an email today from virgin media stating if i want my email deleted i must call them and do it. now 11 calls on and endless hours on the phone some-one is having a laugh. the first call i made was for 43 minutes so god knows 11 calls in how long ive spent on this.good luck with getting yours removed.

after 11 calls to virgin media the first one being 43 minutes long i get an email from virgin media yesterday stating if i want my old email removing from my account i must ring them to do it. am i missing something here ?. i know its the festive season and staff shortages but this email is still live and giving hastle.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ernie2009 wrote:

am i missing something here ?

You definitively are if you did not reply to @Lee_R 's private message to you that he sent on 28th Dec!

Once you've logged in to the forum go to the top and look for this: private message.pngClick on that envelope and see his message. .

Coenoby