Menu
tuneful
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

deleting old ntl email address

I haven't used my old ntl account for 5 years. However, Outlook have this email as my alternative email when I try and log in so consequently I am unable to log in. Please help.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: deleting old ntl email address

I suggest the first thing to do is check the status of the ntlworld email address using an online checker such as mailtester.com

If that shows as available you may be able to regain access to the email account.

Are you a current VM broadband customer?

Does 'Outlook' have a method of accessing your Outlook account without this ntlworld account so that you can change the alternate address to a different one?

If you are not a current VM broadband customer all the VM staff can do is to ensure the address is closed completely, if that hasn't already happened.

tuneful
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham

Yes it is still active. I am not a current broadband customer, only mobile. It could do with being closed off completely. I will try and contact outlook by email to get them to remove it as my alternative email.  Many thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi tuneful, welcome to our community forums.

If you're wanting to get this old email address closed down we can certainly provide assistance with this.

I am going to drop you a PM so we can discuss this in more detail.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos