cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete old blueyonder email

JonnyW
Joining in

Hi there,

I'd like to delete my blueyonder email.  I think its been compromised in the past and the details are available to fraudsters.

I've seen other posts that suggest i'll need contact from Virgin Media to achieve this. Please let em know how i can do this?

Regards,

Jonny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Worth noting that under the current stated policies of Virgin Media if you do not access the email address via webmail or an email client for a period of 90 days the mailbox will be suspended.  After a further 50 days the mailbox will be permanently closed.  After this the email address will remain as the primary username for sign in purposes but will not have a mailbox attached.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JonnyW,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. We can certainly try and help you with this query, can we ask if your Blueyonder email address is your primary email address with us or a secondary email address? 

We only ask as if you have an active account with us and your primary email address is your Blueyonder email address we would not be able to delete this. 

We can help you change your password if you think your email has been compromised. You can check the link here and this will assist your further.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks Jodi

Under my account on Virgin Media that email address which i'd like to get rid of is not under my username or contact details but it is listed simply as my Virgin Media mail address.

I can't see under the account what's defined as my primary email address?

Also when you say if you have an active account with us then yes I use your TV and broadband service.  

Kind regards

JonnyW

HI JonnyW

As this is your primary email address we cannot delete it I'm afraid.

Is there a reason you'd like to originally?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

yes the reason its an old email address with limited protection such as a lack of 2FA

Experian have told me its been sold as an email address. I've changed the password so hopefully it will be safe but i'd like the peace of mind of knowing it can't be accessed. 

kind regards

jonnyw

I do fully appreciate that, if you've changed the password that's the best thing to do in this scenario.

best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Worth noting that under the current stated policies of Virgin Media if you do not access the email address via webmail or an email client for a period of 90 days the mailbox will be suspended.  After a further 50 days the mailbox will be permanently closed.  After this the email address will remain as the primary username for sign in purposes but will not have a mailbox attached.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks