cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deeternal email address

yummie
Joining in

I have now created a new username, password and security question.

It's now saying I have to verify the new username by clicking on a link in an email that has been sent.

I haven't received one.

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The verification email for a username change is sent to the third party email address that you have used as the new username.  This has to be a third party email address that you already have access to.  It cannot be a Virginmedia email address.

In any case changing the username only affects the way you sign into the account.  It doesn't change the underlying email address.

If this is related to your other ongoing email issue you should really add it to that thread.  It isn't helpful to create multiple threads for the same issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi yummie,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to understand you hadn't received the verification email, just to confirm have you checked your spam inbox also?

Alex_Rm

yummie
Joining in

I can't get into either virgin email address to check the spam folder.

I have checked both Gmail account spam folders and it's not there.

I have also checked an old sky email address .I had years ago and it's not there.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi yummie, I can see you're in a PM conversation with my colleague John about this, and I'm sure he'll be able to clear up any further concerns for you. 

If there's anything else we can help with please let us know.

Tom