Menu
Teens
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

change email password

Hi can the community help me.

I Have tried several times to change my password as I am receiving scam emails. I havent been successful. When I put in the new password and continue it just keeps taking me back again to fill in the user name.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Teens
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Scam email

Hi, I received an email from virginmedia saying thank you for your payment. When I hovered over the address is wasnt virginmedia. Since then I have been trying to reset my email password severa times without success. I follow the  instructions. Answer my security question, put in my DOB when I put in my new password it says good but when I press the continue button it takes me back to user name every time. can anyone help please.

Thank you

PS My delete emails isnt working properly either some of them still show in list

0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: change email password

@Teens wrote:

Hi can the community help me.

I Have tried several times to change my password as I am receiving scam emails. I havent been successful. When I put in the new password and continue it just keeps taking me back again to fill in the user name.

Thanks

Is it for a primary or for a secondary email address? I'm assuming that the email address in question is tied to a valid, current, VM broadband account.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have merged your your two posts. Please don't duplicate issues. Let SDC guide you from here. He is good at this stuff!

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for that, Howard.

I'll start reading again 🙂

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ok, I've caught up now. All we need is for the OP to provide a few answers and we'll be good to go!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Teens wrote:

I Have tried several times to change my password as I am receiving scam emails. …

Changing password will not stop / reduce receipt of scam emails.

Oimush-libitina
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Having the same issue today, no matter how many times I actually change it AND get confirmation. The password is STILL UNChANGED.

I had spam email too but, sadly a spybot got into my account and I've lost some 500 email.

I CANNOT CHANGE THE PASSWORD FOR MY MAIN ACCOUNT OR EMAIL> !!!
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Do not resurrect threads that are nearly 12 months old. It is confusing . Start your own thread.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Oimush-libitina wrote:
Having the same issue today, no matter how many times I actually change it AND get confirmation. The password is STILL UNChANGED.

I had spam email too but, sadly a spybot got into my account and I've lost some 500 email.

I CANNOT CHANGE THE PASSWORD FOR MY MAIN ACCOUNT OR EMAIL> !!!

For a conclusion to this latest issue please see: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/URGENT-CANNOT-CHANGE-PASSWORD/m-p/3892313#M308...

It was a temporary fault that has been cleared, these things happen, move on.

Use Kudos to say thanks