cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change blueyonder password after being hacked

wilcoxwilf
Joining in

Hello, yesterday i received a ransomware email on an old blueyonder account,i didnt realise the password was the the same as my twitter and facebook ones as i'd not logged into them for a long time,twitter offer an alternative email address to reset your password which i've done but facebook just keep sending new pass codes to my old blueyonder account ,so the hacker just uses them and locks me out,the problem is i'm no longer a virgin customer so can't login to change my old blueyonder account password,i've seen links in this forum and tried them but as i'm no longer a customer the system doen't recognise my email.Apart from sending emails to a spam folder i can still recieve and send emails on this account even though i left 30 months ago,i know deleting the account may not solve the problem with the hacker but hopefully a new password would enable me to secure my old email account .I would be very happy if someone could help me with please

2 REPLIES 2

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @wilcoxwilf thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear your blueyonder email address for a former account has been compromised and for any distress or inconvenience this may be causing you.  As the email address is no longer attached to an active Virgin Media account, our teams would not be able to change/reset the password.  However, we would be able to help you get the mailbox deleted. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee thank you. I've looked out of a purple envelope have not seen one as yet