cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot access ntlworld email

samdemain53
Joining in

I get this message:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

I have called the number, been passed around, finally got through to the tech department who say the password details I was giving them were incorrect even though I had just used that very password to log into the virgin media account [I have tv, phone, broadband] my ntlworld email pre-dates the virgin media acct. apparently they want the password I used when I set up the email account 20 years ago!!! I do not remember it, they will not let me verify my identity any other way. my banking accts are linked to my email, I cannot access anything, I feel like I am just going round and round in circles. Will someone please help me access my inbox. 

17 REPLIES 17

Her email account is nothing to do with me as it was set up before we had a virgin media account, before we were married, before we moved to our current address. Ntl does predate virgin by many years, so my wife had an email account before I chose to have a tv/broadband account with Virgin, therefore her ntlworld email is nothing to do with me, but somehow it has been lumped in with our home VM account.

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin are in the process of deleting email accounts that have no broadband account associated with them, the only way that the account could be saved is to replace the one you currently have with your virgin broadband with that account, you cannot merge them it's one or the other 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
and they may require both accounts to be in the same name. So she may be out of luck

Hi christopherhawk,

Welcome to our community forums, and thanks for posting. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, we know how important it is for your partner to have access to her emails again.

As we will need to pass security with you first I will pop you over a private message to take some details so we can get the ball rolling.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.

thank you Jodi for all your help in resolving the issue, much appreciated. 

You're most welcome samdemain53,

Please keep us posted if you are able to access your emails. If not we will gladly get our IT department to take a look for you and get you back up and running.

Have a lovely evening, stay safe and take care.

Jodi. 🙂

I have been getting the identical message at the start of this thread for a week now. I eventually got through to someone on the phone, who tried to reset my password but couldn't. He has said hat someone would contact me about the problem but I have not heard anything to date.

HI Timjms

Thanks for your post 

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_