cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot access ntlworld email

samdemain53
Joining in

I get this message:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

I have called the number, been passed around, finally got through to the tech department who say the password details I was giving them were incorrect even though I had just used that very password to log into the virgin media account [I have tv, phone, broadband] my ntlworld email pre-dates the virgin media acct. apparently they want the password I used when I set up the email account 20 years ago!!! I do not remember it, they will not let me verify my identity any other way. my banking accts are linked to my email, I cannot access anything, I feel like I am just going round and round in circles. Will someone please help me access my inbox. 

17 REPLIES 17

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They should have been able to go through alternative security questions if you can't remember your customer verification passphrase.

The VM Forum Team will respond to this  thread later and will contact you via a private message.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thank you for your help. no other alternative security questions were asked.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you sign into your My Virgin Media account can you see the email address concerned listed under the My Profile or Manage Accounts tabs?

If not then the account isn't properly attached to your current account.

The VM Forum Team should be able to check this once they have cleared the security issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

yes I can see the email address listed [the one I can no longer access] 

Hi samdemain53,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Really sorry to hear of your recent experience with us trying to get your email issue resolved.

As our valued forum member Graham_A advised our team should have asked you alternative security questions to access your account, not to worry though we can certainly help from here.

I will pop you over a private message so I can ask you alternative security questions and hopefully get the email issue resolved for you.

Kind regards Jodi.

Hi samdemain53,

Please may we ask the account holder to set up a thread on our community so we can assist you further with your email issue. Due to data protection law as this is an email issue we can only deal with the account holder.

Once they get in contact we can then ask alternative security questions.

Kind regards Jodi.

I am the account holder of this account. Christopher Hawkes. please help me help my wife access her emails

christopherhawk
Joining in

My wife gets this message when she tries to access her email account:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

She has tried to rectify the issue with yourselves, but apparently even though her email account is nothing to do with me, because I am the account holder on the virgin media account - NTL email pre-dates virgin media by years, you need to speak to me. Please can someone sort this out. She has phoned with no joy, had a conversation here with no joy, spoken to someone on Facebook, other than to be told the account holder needs to be the one to make this topic.

I have now started this topic, would someone from VM please unlock her email account or resolve the issue [which an awful lot of people seem to be having] 

Anonymous
Not applicable

"even though her email account is nothing to do with me"
Well, that's not true. It's your email account, not hers. The account and persona responsible for it is the person whos account it is under.

Staff will get to this thread in about a week and will message your for security details