cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot access email

KenWishae
On our wavelength

What has happened at virginmedia.com.  Between me logging out on Thursday and trying to login on Friday Noon my email account seems to have been locked.  I received the following message

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary."

I phoned twice and the person I spoke with said my password needed changed as it had been wrongly used too many times - How when I hadn't logged in?  She forced a change of password and said it could take 30 minutes to update your system and then try again. I did with same result.  I phoned again and was told it could take 4-5 days to unlock the email account which I said was unacceptable and he said he would pass a message to someone to try and have it unlocked within 24 hours.  I tried again this morning with same result. This is totally unacceptable as I need access to important emails.

I don't think I have been told the true story of what's happened - have you had a cyber attack?

As I can't access my emails you can't email me when you reply - if someone does you will have to text me on my phone. It is also difficult for me to access the forum accounts as I can't login to myvirginmedia account and have to get access via a roundabout way on my browser.

7 REPLIES 7

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Why can't you log into MyVirginMedia?  What message do you get? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @KenWishae,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been unable to access your emails.

We can understand the inconvenience caused and want to best help. Just to confirm, are you able to access your email using an alternative email client such as outlook and yahoo? Have you also tried logging in since the last post? Does the issue persist? 

Please get back to me when you can and we will do our best to help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

KenWishae
On our wavelength

Hi Akua_A, just checked just now and yes I can get in now but I seem to have to use sign on with a slightly different URL (?) address at oauth.virginmedia.com whereas before it was identity.virginmedia.com.  Is this the one I use from now? Tried it a few times before replying to you. I used the new sign on password which I was given last week when I spoke to one of your colleagues. and will now need to change this password to one I make up. Do I do this by using forgotten password route? Can you let me know please?

Thanks for your response @KenWishae.

Firstly yes that would be the new one that you are using to access your email account.

Is your email account the primary email address for your account, if so you should be able to change this the same way that you would change your password for My Virgin Media.

If this is a secondary account you should be able to change this via 'My Profile' and 'Manage accounts'. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks, have changed passwords. 

Hi KenWishae, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and letting us know. 

We're glad you've been able to change the passwords. Has this allowed access to the email address now?

If not and you're still having an issue, pop back here and let us know so we can help you further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

KenWishae
On our wavelength
Have got access. Thanks for everyone’s help