cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't login to email

BEF
Up to speed

It just tells me - Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

But it doesn't tell me why or what I should do about it? I can't see if I get a response or not to this issue. because I can't login to my emails? Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BEF
Up to speed

Yes Thanks I changed my password and all is now okay. But I have just suddenly developed another problem? I can't send an email it says it is inactive... Help!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try following the instructions set out here for this situation:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Got It! thank you Graham🙃

Hi @BEF

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you managed to sort this now? 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

yes thanks. got another problem with emails now though.... I can't send anything? It come up with this error -  (421 - 421 4.1.0 SMTP417 Sending mailbox briern@ntlworld.com is inactive. ;id=g2aAmvhVHAhO0g2aAmTZQy;sid=g2aAmvhVHAhO0;mta=smtp3.tb;d=20211028;t=122426[CET];ipsrc=172.25.160.151;

BEF
Up to speed

Yes Thanks I changed my password and all is now okay. But I have just suddenly developed another problem? I can't send an email it says it is inactive... Help!

BEF
Up to speed
The error says that the Send Mailbox is inactive?

BEF
Up to speed

I am receiving emails but I cannot send? It just says the my Sending Mailbox is inactive. What can I do?

Hi @BEF

Thanks for posting

Are you using web mail or a web client to send this email?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis, I not sure? I use an @ntlworld.com address. When I called 150 they told me I must wait 48 hours for the problem to be rectified. But, I am working from home and could not wait that long, so I logged into my Virgin account and reset the password once again! and it seems to be okay once more???

But what causes it to close down like that...