Menu
Johan
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

can't log into email

My wife cannot log into her email account. Message says she is no longer with virgin media. She is not the account holder I am. I'm not prepared at this moment in time to talk to someone off shore to sort this, any ideas greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: can't log into email

As you are the account holder I would suggest you change the password for your wife's address.  

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to Manage  Accounts.  Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If your wife's email address does not appear under the Manage accounts tab then post back with further details.  Depending on your account history it may be that the account concerned has become orphaned, ie not linked to your current VM broadband account.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Johan
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for the reply, tried that previously with no success. All we get is "your mailbox not available at the moment ,try again in an hour"  But weirder still is when I the click on My VM it goes to a page with my wife's name and a message saying "your not with VM anymore" Further down it indicates that this is a secondary account, I'm dazed and confused

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Johan, 

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. 

Sorry to hear you're having some problems with your email accounts. 

I would love to try and reset the password from our end and see if that resolve the issue. To do this I will need some details and have sent you a PM, please reply when you can 🙂 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure Hetty_R is going to set you back in working order.

If you are both accessing web mail from the same PC and browser, another tip would be to try clearing the browser history (cookies and cache) or use a different browser.  I'm not saying that is the problem this time, but it is something self-help you can use any time to test if it is a problem local to you, or something more difficult that needs VM attention.

I'm writing this for you and anyone who might read this thread in future.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@MissPasko wrote:

I'm sure Hetty_R is going to set you back in working order.

If you are both accessing web mail from the same PC and browser (swapping back and forth with both usernames), another tip would be to try clearing the browser history (cookies and cache) or use a different browser.  It could happen that a session is not completely signed out.  I'm not saying that is the problem this time, but it is something self-help you can use any time to test if it is a problem local to you, or something more difficult that needs VM attention.

I'm writing this for you and anyone who might read this thread in future.

Sorry - too late to edit my original post, so I've added a bit to make my point more clear.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'