cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't access my blueyonder emails

BARouse
Tuning in

I haven't been able to access my blueyonder e-mails since 5th February.

I can send e-mails to another e-mail account I have (gmail)

My blueyonder e-mails are being forwarded to my gmail account.

Regards

Brian Rouse

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BARouse wrote:

The strange thing is that spam e-mails can be accessed and the spam folder is being updated.

The e-mails must be arriving as they are being forwarded automatically to my gmail account!!

Just a thought but that sounds as if you have not ticked the "Keep a copy of the message" box in the Auto forward dialogue box.

Unless you do that the original email will be deleted once it has been auto forwarded. As far as I am aware, the VM Auto forward only applies to emails that arrive in the Inbox which would explain why new spam emails are still showing in your webmail account.

Autoforward keep copy.png

Worth checking that out.😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BARouse wrote:

I haven't been able to access my blueyonder e-mails since 5th February.

So what error message do you get when you try to sign directly into your Blueyonder email account on the VM website from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  

Is it either "Mailbox unavailable" or "Your email or password was incorrect"?

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello BARouse

Sorry to hear of the email access issues you're experiencing, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

Have you been able to speak to the team in regards to this since posting or the issue originally happening? What error message do you get when trying to access the account? There was a known issue but this has since been resolved.

Rob

I can log into my e-mail account but the only e-mails I can see in my inbox are from and pre 5 Feb. I have tried changing my password which had been suggested.

The strange thing is that spam e-mails can be accessed and the spam folder is being updated.

The e-mails must be arriving as they are being forwarded automatically to my gmail account!!

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BARouse wrote:

Just a thought but that sounds as if you have not ticked the "Keep a copy of the message" box in the Auto forward dialogue box.

Unless you do that the original email will be deleted once it has been auto forwarded. As far as I am aware, the VM Auto forward only applies to emails that arrive in the Inbox which would explain why new spam emails are still showing in your webmail account.

Autoforward keep copy.png

Worth checking that out.😉

Coenoby

Thank you, sorted

Brian

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BARouse wrote:
Thank you, sorted

That's good to hear. Thanks for the update.👍

Coenoby

Thanks for the update @BARouse.

Do feel free to report back to the thread if this issue re-emerges.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn