cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't access email

martins4
Joining in

Hi - since yesterday I have been unable to access my email. It was asking me to enter username and password and going round in circles. when I try on lap top it states:

our mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

I've spoken to help team they changed my password and asked me to try again after 24 hrs but still unable to get into email account.

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@martins4 wrote:

I've spoken to help team they changed my password and asked me to try again after 24 hrs but still unable to get into email account.

The *mailbox unavailable....." error was almost certainly due to VM locking your email account, possibly because of a potential security issue. Possibly an hacking attempt for example.

If resetting the password did not resolve the problem the most reliable way to get the account re-enabled is to wait here for one of the Forum Team (VM employees) who support the forum to pick up on your post.

They will contact you via this thread and take your details securely via the forum's private message (PM) facility.

That will be in a day or so but they will then either resolve themselves or pass it to the appropriate IT team to get the account re-enabled.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @martins4,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post on our forums.

I have been able to locate your account via your community profile and have refreshed your mailboxes connection to the server. Please can you try to log in again and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Steven_L