cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I transfer emails from a virgin.net account to a new account

Graeme1965
Joining in

my virgin.net account has been closed and I cant access the emails. I've opened a new gmail.com account and need help to move and transfer my old emails, if this is even possible. Ive spoken to VM but its a complete waste of time, thank you

9 REPLIES 9

jem101
Superstar

If your old VM email address has actually been deleted (which it seems is the case here), then indeed it has all gone and all the emails are no more, there is no method of getting them back or transferring them to another email account because they simply don’t exist anymore

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Graeme1965,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble with your email account. If this has been closed and removed then I'm afraid you'd be unable to access or gain anything from the account. Apologies.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Gaaz1
Tuning in

Hi Graeme1965

Are you sure it has been closed? I have just had a lot of problems with my virgin.net email and found VM a complete waste of time in helping.

I have managed to reconnect with help from this group and just this minute posted a thank you to posts that helped.

Thank you. As far as I know it has. VM told me that virgin.net had been stopped and there is no way of re-starting it.

What did you have to do to get it going again?

They told me the same and I would have to call Talk Talk. Which was a complete waste of time.
I'm new around here, but I will see if I can put a link here that helped me.

Search in posts for, 

Reset access to virgin.net email address. posted by JoyceHen

Please let me know if it helps.

Hi @Graeme1965

Allow me to clarify; 

If it's been deleted, then we cannot retrieve. 

If it's been orphaned, this means that unless it's moved (and even then with an orphaned account, there's no guarantee we can) to an active cable account, then we maybe able to unblock it temporarily but if it locked again, then all we'd be able to do is request the deletion of it via IT.

I shall PM you now to check further.

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for joining me on PM Graeme1965

I am sorry once again about the email being gone, this was the resolution of the thread, that the email in question has been deleted.

Best.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

thank you for trying. I appreciate your efforts.

regards

graeme

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Graeme,

I'm really sorry that we were unable to recover your virgin.net email address for you. If you are not an active Virgin Media customer who holds a broadband account with us, then your email address will end. It normally ends 90 days after your broadband contract ends, however sometimes they can take a while to be deactivated.

Apologies for any incovenience this has caused.

Best wishes,

Serena