I've been having the same issue now for over 3 months, I have had my technical support (who is writing this thread on behalf of myself) looking at it to no avail. We have called VM tech support numerous times and been fobbed off with multiple different possibilities for the error and each time asked to wait until a certain date when the issue will be resolved, 3 moths on and we are still no further.
The things we have tried are as follows:
1. upgrading outlook (originally outlook 2007), tried outlook 2010, and now on outlook 2016 2. adding email account to different machine (tried on customers laptop, tech support's laptop) 3. tried on different Internet connection (tethered laptop to 4G connection) 4. tried on a brand new Pc with a fresh install of windows/Office 2016 (on both VM and non VM connections
As you can see we have tried all different possibilities but still get results - blueyonder smtp not recognising password. The annoying thing is that the email account works perfectly in webmail on all devices and also on the customers android phone.
I have performed the logging in outlook as suggested and the results are below, is it possible to get some support with this please (thanks in advance):
yes we have tried the forgotten password route - however the password is working completely fine on both webmail and android devices - its just outlook that is the issue - but as per thread have tried on several different devices and the issues remains
Yes I can confirm that outlook is setup to use the same credentials for both the incoming and outgoing mail server!
as an update - the email test we sent yesterday did actually come through this morning at 9:37am. This was from the test machine and the only difference with this is that the machine has been left switched on with outlook continuously running!
I will test the original machine later to see if anything has changed with that!