Menu
Harriet0001
Tuning in
Message 21 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Re: blueyonder server asking for password

17th? Oh my god. Today’s VM agent  told me it was a server upgrade and work would be completed today. He said my email would be back to normal certainly by tomorrow.. 

I don’t understand why no status page in VM site, to keep email users informed. Why everyone is being given different info. It is not reassuring. 

Harriet0001
Tuning in
Message 22 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Oh yes and yesterday when the virgin phone agent told me the email problem was at my end and VM couldn’t help with that, they did offer to connect me to the ‘gadget team’ 🥴 who would give me tech advice FOR A FEE

Blackthorn1
Dialled in
Message 23 of 63
Flag for a moderator

For a fee? Talk about taking the p*ss!
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 24 of 63
Flag for a moderator

@theboxers wrote:

Hi Graham

Thanks for the reply.

There in lies the problem. I can't get the webmail to work for my account. I hardly ever use webmail so when I went to check the mails there it would not log on.

I got this as a warning in the account settings

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.

I set the details to exactly the same as the T-Bird (from the previous link) and now get

Could not connect to transport server "smtp.virginmedia.com" for login *********@blueyonder.co.uk. Please review your settings.

This comes up on both the main account address and the alias address.

This has now become a major issue as I have 2 warranty emails I need to reply to and can't to either.

Regards
RichT

@Graham_A @theboxers 

There's something off with this post here.  If you're actually logged in to a specific account, there is nothing for you to change when it comes to sending mail. yet I see this comment here:

I set the details to exactly the same as the T-Bird (from the previous link)

If I'm logged in as my main address and I go to Settings->Accounts->Email then the only Account Settings I can change are

Webmailmainaccsettings.PNG

Note:  I can't set the IMAP or SMTP servers because they are automatically set up on the webmail system for the account I'm logged in to.  Any additional accounts I've added, even if they are still Virgin Media accounts are treated in the same way as a third party account.

So if you are having trouble sending from a particular account when using webmail at present.  Make sure that you are definitely logged on to the account you wish to send from.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

theboxers
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 63
Flag for a moderator

@ravenstar68

There is the ability to input a second account in webmail, unless I am mistaken. I have tried to use that 2nd account without sucess because the webmail can't access the servers.

If I am incorrect in this it is my mistake, but I still can't get to or send emails from my account via the devices that were working a few days ago.

A slightly frustrated user.

Regards

RichT

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 26 of 63
Flag for a moderator

You are not mistaken.  It is possible to add additional email accounts to the webmail interface.

Despite earlier posts to suggest the password issues had been resolved they are still persisting for some users.  Added to that the My profile and Manage accounts pages are still down.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 27 of 63
Flag for a moderator

If I log in as joebloggs@blueyonder.co.uk as my main account - when I am sending from that address, the webmail system uses servers on the webmail platform to ultimately deliver my message.

If I add a second account, say fredsmith@virginmedia.com - webmail acts in the same way as say Outlook would on your computer and connects to different SMTP servers to send your message.

Thus the second addresses would be affected while the main address should still be able to send.

So if you are logged in as one account and currently trying to send as another - a workaround while they are trying to solve the issue is to log out of webmail and then log back in using the address you want to send as.

It's not ideal by any means and hopefully VM will get to the bottom of what's happening sooner rather than later.

Tim

Use Kudos to say thanks

theboxers
On our wavelength
Message 28 of 63
Flag for a moderator

@ravenstar68

Unfortunately for me all of the mails I need to reply to are on the mail account that is not working correctly. I can receive but not send Robot Sad

Regards

RichT

0 Kudos
theboxers
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Is there any update on the status of this problem. I am still in the receive only mode for my blueyonder.co.uk email account.

The 2 emails I've been trying to reply to I found another way to get updates on the status. However one leaves me with no paper trail for follow up.

Regards

RichT

theboxers
On our wavelength
Message 30 of 63
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Still broken for me. Receive but no send. I tried changing the password but the reset seems to be for another account, not the one I am using and have been for 20 odd years. I still can't get to the blueyonder.co.uk page to reset there.

https://my.virginmedia.com/maintenance-message.html/

Please contact me for my details.

Regs

RichT