cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blueyonder email stopped working, says it won't sync??

fran_fuller
Tuning in

Hello all. I've had my blueyonder email address for many years, but suddenly it says it won't sync to my laptop. It's so long since I started it, that I have no idea what my password is. Please help, I'm getting desperate to get into my emails! Have tried online help, where I got the PC from etc, but I am blinded with science and have no idea what they are talking about.....

7 REPLIES 7

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @fran_fuller thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're currently unable to access your emails.  Do you mean (as it sounds) that you cannot access your emails via a 3rd party email client?  Or do you mean via our webmail?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi, thank you for your reply. I had the email set up on my laptop via the outlook app. Does this help?

Thanks for getting back to me @fran_fuller

Have you attempted to take the 'forgotten your password' route here?  When you've successfully changed your password on our webmail/website, you would then need to update the password on outlook.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi yes, I have, but of course as I'm no longer a Virgin Media customer (no cable here) but still a mobile customer, I can't access VM. Any hope at all?

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @fran_fuller

I'm sorry to hear this. As the email address is part of the media service we provide, with the cancellation of your cable account, the email address will have been deactivated when your media services ended with us. Is this something you were advised? 

Since cancelling your cable services, have you still be able to access the email? Or have you been receiving this error code? 

If you've been unable to access the email account, this will be due to this being deactivated. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

@fran_fuller honestly you need to assume that the email address and mailbox has now been deleted and there is no chance of it being restored. This should have happened within a few months of you leaving VM but as you have found, they have been quite remiss in doing it, leaving the email working far beyond when it should, only to be abruptly terminated during a clean-up operation.

There is a very tiny chance that the forum team might be able to temporarily restore it for you, but I must stress that this is very unlikely.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@fran_fuller wrote:

I can't access VM. Any hope at all?

You could try accessing your blueyonder account directly on the VM Website from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  and see what you message you get.

If you get the error message "Unable to find your username" that will confirm that the account has been closed by VM.

However, if you get 'Mailbox unavailable..............try again in an hour' you might, and I stress might, be able to regain access for a short while by using the Forgotten Password link on the sign in page. If you want to try that, enter your Blueyonder address as your username and follow the prompts.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks