cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blueyonder email problem

PeterBowden2023
Joining in

I have a Virgin Media account with a blueyonder email address.  My wife's email address is an extra address on my account. It continually keeps failing and I have to delete it from iPad, Mac etc and reinstall.  But today it has gone completely.  I tried to reinstall but got caught in a circular black hole where the password (created only 3 weeks ago) was not accepted.  Now I seem to have deleted her email from my VM account and cannot reinstall it. VM help of all kinds is totally non-existent for this type of issue.  Help please!!

7 REPLIES 7

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PeterBowden2023 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about this issue with your email

Just to double check, are you able to log into the email via our webclient so we can establish whether this an issue with just your mail client itself?

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Travis

I can log into MY email via the web client but my wife's has gone

Peter

Are you able to access your wife's email address via web client? If not, what error message does it give?

Rob

No, could not access my wife's email from web client.  Cannot remember the message I'm afraid.  I then (stupidly?) deleted the account...............  Tried to add her back onto my account but this seems to require an email being sent to my wife's address, which we cannot access of course. It's like being in a circular black hole!

Have emailed the CEO of Virgin Media complaining strongly and VM have replied saying that their team is trying to help.  But nothing definite back from them as yet.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response on this PeterBowden2023,

To investigate it further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

@PeterBowden2023 wrote:

No, could not access my wife's email from web client.  Cannot remember the message I'm afraid.  I then (stupidly?) deleted the account...............  Tried to add her back onto my account but this seems to require an email being sent to my wife's address, which we cannot access of course. It's like being in a circular black hole!

Have emailed the CEO of Virgin Media complaining strongly and VM have replied saying that their team is trying to help.  But nothing definite back from them as yet.

I’m afraid it does sound as if you have deleted the mailbox and all the emails within it. Sometimes, if it is caught quickly then VM can reverse the deletion request but as it has now been a few days, I wouldn’t be too hopeful of that. 

As of last year, VM no longer provide email addresses to new users or allow existing users to create additional addresses. It would not now be possible to recreate the address and mailbox anyway. The process you have described is not to setup a new email dress (as I said this is no longer possible), but to create a new My Virgin Media account for your wife, where she could log in, check network status reports etc. As part of this it needs to email the invitation to her on a ‘live’ email address, not the one just deleted as that doesn’t exist any more. I agree that it is a little confusing, you’re not the first one to be caught out by this, probably won’t be the last.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining us on private message @PeterBowden2023

Glad Kain was able to get this resolved for you. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 
All the best, 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley