cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blueyonder email just stopped working

tim_vincent
Tuning in

Hi,

My wifes blueyonder email account has just stopped working, nothing has changed, it was fine 24 hours ago. It's a secondary email account, mine is the primary and that is working fine.

The error was first noticed in an email client (apple mail on iphone) as follows:

Cannot Get Mail - No password provided for "account"

So tried the web interface and we get 

We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again. 

Although nothing has changed we've tried to change the password and get the following

Oops, we've ran into a problem.
Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)

We've had this for 24 hours now....

Grateful of any advice on how to fix this?

Thanks

Tim

12 REPLIES 12

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@tim_vincent  The DEF01 error is a known issue that VM are trying to resolve.

The VM Forum Team should be able to help you with this when they reach this thread either later this evening or tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced tim_vincent,

Welcome to the community. 

Just to clarify can you try this link here?

Let us know if that works,

Kain

Hi Kain,

Yes that link works just fine. I can access all my account information. It's email that's not working.

Thanks

Tim

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@tim_vincent  If you are already signed in to your primary account that link will take you to the primary account settings page.  Try signing out of your account and then follow the link again.  This time you should get a sign in screen.  Use the secondary account details to sign in. You should then be able to change the secondary account password.

Alternatively use a different browser to sign into the link.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks Graham, yes so if I switch to the secondary account then it's say "user unknown, or password invalid" so I then select change password https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password and I get the following:

Oops, we've ran into a problem.
Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)

Tim

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok, in that case I will leave you in the capable hands of @Kain_W . I'm sure that when he responds he will tell you that he is sending a private message to obtain account details so that he can investigate further.

Thanks Graham,

@Kaim_W are you able to help as I’m currently stuck without access to email?

Many thanks

tim 

@Kain_W are you able to help? I’m now without email for over 48 hours. Your attention would be gratefully received. 

thanks Tim 

Hi Graham, any guidance on how I get help with this issue from VM?