cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blueyonder email issues - no access to email box and can't send or receive emails

JulieG01
Joining in

I have been a VM customer since 2006 (well, Telewest then VM).  I have had my blueyonder.co.uk email address since 2005 I think, my partner who passed away a few years ago had been with Telewest for longer and set my blueyonder email address up for me.

I have not been able to access my emails since lunchtime on Monday 20 September 2021, on the webmail it says my mailbox is unavailable and to try again in an hour.  On my iPad and iPhone it says that there is an error and no password for blueyonder.  On my personal laptop, Outlook just keeps whirring and there is a message re the user name and password.

All my person 'stuff' goes to this email address, travel insurance, home insurance, etc etc, I have raised this several times via the chat function and by calling, I have been told this has been raised as an IT issue, but have heard nothing.

Please can someone advise or help me?  This is really poor customer service, if VM didn't want me to have the email address anymore, then surely they should have been in touch and I could have acted accordingly.  I have had no messages to say the mailbox was being deleted or otherwise.

I have reset the password several times, the agent on the phone has done the same, this makes no difference.  I cannot access my emails through my work laptop - which I know is completely up to date for viruses etc - either.

HELP!!!

9 REPLIES 9

JulieG01
Joining in

PS  My partner's blueyonder email address still works...and this address hasn't been used properly since he passed away 7 years ago!

Hi JulieG01,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your email address. 

I have been unable to locate your account on our side but do wish to look into this for you.

What I will do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

Creditonjack
Joining in

Hello - I have exactly the same issue as JulieGO1, can anyone help?

Hi Creditonjack

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the mailbox. 

Can I ask, is the email linked to an active Virgin Media account? The reason I ask is if not, it may have been terminated as per our terms and conditions that require emails to be listed on an active account.

Also, please try changing the password to something new and unique, never used before. Then waiting thirty minutes. That potentially will sort it and also do malware scans on your devices. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi and thank you.  Yes the email address is linked to an active Virgin Media account.  I can’t try the action you suggest because I can’t sign into email from my  My Virgin Media page! 

Colin

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You don't need to be able to sign in to the email account in order to change the password.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks so much for your help. Changing password worked 

For several weeks I’ve been inundated with spam.
Yesterday my email account stopped working on my iPhone and tablet. A nightmare as I was in the process of signing e documents from a known and genuine source. 
Fearful I’d picked up a virus from the spam I went into my Mail directly through the virgin site and discovered my mail box was locked. I went back to my account and changed the password which solved the email issue .

However overnight I’ve had an email from virgin saying they’d locked the account due to “suspicious activity” . Told me to check for viruses and reset password! Can I safely ignore this?

Good morning Gilly57

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

If you can access the emails today then yes it's fine to ignore as you've done all the steps, like do malware scans and change password etc.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill