cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

blueyonder.co.uk email stopped working - help! β€ŒπŸ˜°

tykanator
Tuning in

Hi all,

I've had a blueyonder.co.uk for years, the days before Virgin. I use this email for most things and it's important I get access to this email account.

I stopped being a VM personal customer a while back, but maintain being a business customer.

Why has this stopped working - its prompting to change the password / that it has been locked? 'VM303'

Who can I speak to, to at least retrieve any recent important emails and ideally switch this account back on / reset the password at the back end?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@tykanator  VM303 usually indicates that the account has been locked by VM.

This is likely to be because it is an orphaned account, that is, not attached to a current VM residential broadband account.

VM business broadband does not come with an email option.

The VM Forum Team staff may be able to get the account unlocked temporarily but that isn't always possible.

They will reply here in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham πŸ™‚

jem101
Superstar

@tykanator wrote:

Hi all,

I've had a blueyonder.co.uk for years, the days before Virgin. I use this email for most things and it's important I get access to this email account.

I stopped being a VM personal customer a while back, but maintain being a business customer.

Why has this stopped working - its prompting to change the password / that it has been locked? 'VM303'

Who can I speak to, to at least retrieve any recent important emails and ideally switch this account back on / reset the password at the back end?

Thanks

The most likely explanation is that the mailbox has been locked in preparation for being deleted. I have to be honest, I’m not sure if VM business broadband accounts even include email feature, but if they do, are you sure that your original β€˜domestic account’ email addresses were transferred to your business account - I suspect they weren’t and are regarded as being β€˜orphaned’ and thus are likely to be deleted at any point.

What I will do is escalate this thread to the forum team who will offer to contact you to get extra information for them to look into this. Truth be told though, there is the distinct possibility that the email address, mailbox and all the mail within it has been deleted or in the process of being deleted.

Oh no! I remember them saying when I went to business that I would maintain my email address... otherwise I would have stayed personal

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @tykanator,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues accessing your email account and services. How have you been going about accessing the email account? If you've been going via our site and our webmail platform then it'll be with us and not Virgin Media Business.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I do it via Gmail - it's the pop3.blueyonder.co.uk server

Hi @tykanator,

I see, so you're accessing it via an email client? Is that where you're seeing the error message?

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take a closer look at what's going on and advise you further. However, if it is linked to a Virgin Media Business account you will need to speak with them directly - we can only assist with residential accounts from here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I am in a similar situation vm not responding with answer in last two weeks I am getting nowhere fast - I have now lost apps I have for years as they are linked to my blueyonder account and password reset going to these addresses for example Twitter will not let me regain access I am so fed up it really disheartening i have been with vm for years not moved and suddenly the email address I always use has error details 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can see another agent has sent you over a private message πŸ™‚ 

Cheers, 

Ryan.