Menu
DMcleod
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

blueyonder.co.uk email password

Any help in resetting my email password. The 'my profile' section of the virgin media website keeps showing a message that, in effect, the site is being worked on and just takes you by a link to t...

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Well-informed
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: blueyonder.co.uk email password

You might have to ring in on 150 to see if they can manually reset your password.  That function has been out of order for 4-5 days (maybe more?). The Forum Team have acknowledged they know about it and that the IT people are working on it, but they have not given a time scale for a fix, nor have they confirmed if passwords can be reset - someone did ask via a similar post and the Forum Team person said he'd go to private message, but there was no feedback if that works.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We are currently having issues with our email account management system and we wont be able to do any modifications to your email account i'm afraid.

Our site maintenance has taken longer than expected and has affected our email functions as well. We are trying to get this back up as soon as we can.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Blackthorn1
Dialled in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So what are we looking at here? Will I have to ring Virgin and get a new password for my computers email account? Imo this is turning into a complete fiasco.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Please see the below link about changing passwords, our team can help you change your password.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Password-resets/td-p/4004095 

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Blackthorn1
Dialled in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

How about not? I don't want to change my password, partially as with my old imac It doesn't seem to stick. Is this going to be an issue going forward. Are we not going to be able to keep our old passwords?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You will be able to keep your old passwords, there is an issue with the site but it shows as an incorrect password. It should be possible to use your old password once the site issues have been resolved Blackthorn1.

Thanks

Steven_L 

0 Kudos
Blackthorn1
Dialled in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well I for one would love to know what these "site issues" truly are, because as I said in my area the email broadband service has had a loooooong history of faults going back years and It's never been properly 'resolved'.
0 Kudos
rachelhackett
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

But your team could not help me change my password. The problems that I am experiencing with accessing account management are also being experienced by your team. They told me there was nothing they could do to help me change my password until problems resolved. In the meantime I have received a letter from you saying my account has been hacked and used to send spam emails. This I know but there seems to be nothing Virgin or I can do to secure my account. This is frankly dreadful

rachelhackett
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

150 can't reset currently. Problem ongoing since Sunday